The former Lewisham and Southwark College campus

 

In 2013 we bought the former campus site after it was put up for sale by Lewisham and Southwark College. Soon after this we helped Compass School Southwark open in temporary premises on part of the site, and began bringing other parts of the site back into use by offering space to organisations such as Old Vic New Voices, and Construction Youth Trust.

The former Peek Frean biscuit factory

James Peek and George Frean founded a biscuit factory on Clements Road in 1866 and the company remained there until it closed in 1989.

Workspace, which continues to own and operates a hub for growing businesses here – received planning consent before we bought the site for 800 new homes, a public square and improved connections under the railway line through to The Blue.